Clive Hamilton Talks about the Geoengineering Issue
Recorded at the Charles Hotel in Cambridge MA on October 28, 2013; Dr. Hamilton was in town for a debate at Harvard on geoengineering.
Clive Hamilton, PhD is is Vice-Chancellor’s Chair and Professor of Public Ethics at the Center for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics (CAPPE), Charles Sturt University in Australia. He was the Founder and for 14 years the Executive Director of The Australia Institute, Australia’s leading progressive think tank, which is a joint center of Charles Sturt University and the University of Melbourne.
Dr. Hamilton has held a number of visiting academic positions, including the University of Cambridge, Yale University and the University of Oxford. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of the Arts and in June 2009 was made a Member of the Order of Australia for his contribution to public debate and public policy. In 2012 he was appointed by the Federal Government to the Climate Change Authority. more about Clive Hamilton
Clive Hamilton is the author of a number of best-selling books, the most recent of which is Earthmasters: The Dawn of the Age of Climate Engineering (2013).
We visited with Dr.Hamilton on October 28, 2013 while he was in Cambridge, MA for a debate on geoengineering at Harvard University Meet Clive Hamilton
New York Times Op-Ed (2/12/15) by Clive Hamilton: The Risks of Climate Engineering
Harvard Gazette 10/29/13 article on the David Keith vs Clive Hamilton debate: Geoengineering: Opportunity or Folly?
New York Times Op-Ed (5/26/13) by Clive Hamilton: Geoengineering: Our Last Hope or a False Promise?
- Requiem for a Species: Why We Resist the Truth about Climate Change (2010)
- The Freedom Paradox: Towards a Post-Secular Ethics, (Allen & Unwin, 2008)
- Scorcher: The Dirty Politics of Climate Change, (Black Inc., 2007)
- Silencing Dissent, (Edited w/Sarah Maddison), (Allen & Unwin, 2007)
- What's Left? The Death of Social Democracy, 'Quarterly Essay', (Black Inc., 2006)
- Affluenza: When Too Much Is Not Enough (w/Richard Denniss), (Allen & Unwin, 2005)
- Growth Fetish (Allen & Unwin, 2003)